Just got home from Round Rock. Overall, I had a really good time at the convention. Photos will follow soon (ish). Highlights:
- My game went really well. A few bumps, but everyone seemed to enjoy it, and I got some good feedback for a future refinement... this one may return.
- I played in five games. Of those, I won four (one was a co-operative win). The other was determined a draw.
- Bought a good deal of new toys.
- Met a lot of new people, mainly gamers from Texas.
- Ran into a lot of people I have met over the years at various other stores and conventions.
- Best of all, I ran into someone I knew a long time ago. Tim was one of my fish buddies when we were in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M. We are both Class of '94 members of Company A-2, 7th Btn, 1st Reg't. We hadn't seen one another in almost 24 years, but we got a chance to catch up some while we played a game of OGRE together. Information exchanged.
Basically, I have to say that MillenniumCon is the best small convention I have ever attended. The atmosphere is fun and relaxed. The venue is good (could use food service) and clean.
That's the FLASH report.