Sunday, February 28, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
But a trim little vessel, when all is said and done, I think.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Photostats can not, of course, adequately convey the terrifying screech of the primitive warriors, or the stench of their unwashed bodies combined with a whiff of the hydrium gas that their bodies constantly emit. Their weapons of bronze, iron, and even copper may look primitive, but our correspondent with the camera assures us they had no trouble butchering and consuming (raw!) several of the caravan's draft beasts. He was horrified bythe sheer volume of bloody gobbets of meat gulped down in a gory orgy of gluttony.
Monday, February 15, 2010
So that is what I will be trying to do myself. I figure if I do the walls two inches tall, that should be plenty for a story at 28mm. Right? Then make them, say, three inches long per segment. Make connectors for each segment, including corners. These should look like either a solid wooden post or dressed stone. Do both. Wall panels in two finishes: dressed stone and half-timbered. Also want to make some sort of floor panels. One that can form the underside of a balcony or overhanging second floor, one that can be a topside of a platform or stairwell or something. Gable end panels (three or six inch base length). Ceilings, both thatch panels and tiled.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
- Nice quality casting.
- Good stronge yellowish beige resin
- Very little flash or pitting
- Nice lines
- Details okay, but not fantastic. Just a clump of rock crystals.
- Super easy to paint.
- Price: $5.00
- First I used a sharp hobby knife to clean up the little bits of flash, mold lines, etc.
- Then I washed the pieces with warm soap and water, rinsed and dried with paper towel. Let it sit overnight to air dry more.
- Next, a little bit of superglue to fill the few small bubble pits. Let sit for an hour to cure.
- Then I sprayed each piece with flat white paint.
- Color on the rocks was achieved by using several coats of thinned Vallejo Intense Blue. Ground color was Ceramcoat burnt sienna.
- Brush watered PVA glue on base (using 100 for $4 cheap-o plastic bristle brush), then dredge into my Mars ground mix, and let dry.
- Next morning, two coats fo Testor's gloss, followed in afternoon by Testor's flat.
- Will finish by brushing on a coat of water-soluble gloss onto the crystals to make them shiny.
Here is the result: a massive mockery of Man in mechanical menace! Note the massive galvanic collector coils mounted on the giant's back. They supply power the matched pair of magnetic disruptor cannons which replace the infernal device's arms.
The photostat presented here was taken by Miss Eugenia P. Whistlebum during her brief but unwilling stay with the Belgian Madman. Miss Whistlebum smuggled the exposed photostatic plate out of the fiend's lair under her petticoat bustle when she was released following the undisclosed but reportedly very hefty ransom paid by her father, her fiancee and her future father-in-law.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
3 Reiksguard command (foot)
1 Light Acolyte
Saturday, February 6, 2010
But I have virtually NO scenics for the Empire other than generic terrain. I already had a few things for the Lizardmen I was using for VSF, with a similar tropical feel. But half-timbered buildings? Wattle and daub? Nein.
Anyone have easy ways to make these buildings? I will need at least:
- Tavern or coaching inn
- Two or three townhomes
- Sigmarite Shrine
Friday, February 5, 2010
Thursday, February 4, 2010
- 1x Saurus on Cold One, black and red
- 9x Saurus warrior, black and red (plastic)
- 7x Skink archer, green blue and yellow (plastic)
- 10x Skink javelins, red and pink*
- 10x Skink javelins, dk. blue and lt. blue*
- 10x Skink archer, green and yellow (plastic)*
- 10x Skink archer, red and orange (plastic)*
- 1x Stegadon
- 2x Skink champions
- 1x Skink champion (plastic, 6 ed.)
- 12x Skink spears
- 6x Skink drummers
- 1x Skink totem bearer
- 10x Saurus warriors (plastic)
- 2x Saurus spearmen
- 22x Skink archers (plastic)
- 1x Skink warchief (triceraton skull helmet)
- 1x Saurus Cold One rider
- 3x Saurus Temple Guard command (hero, standard, music)
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
So, this week, I have ordered:
- 2x crewmen for the cannon
- 8x knightly orders (plastic box set)
- 1x Burning Sun Grandmaster
- 1x Burning Sun Standard Bearer
- 1x Reiksguard Hero (mounted)
- 1x Light Wizard
- 1x Acolyte
- 17 x Halberdiers (plastic)
- 18x Swordsmen (plastic)
- 9x Handgunners (plastic)
- 1x Engineer
- 3x Reiksguard (foot) - a command set
- 6x Knights of White Wolf
- 1x Mounted Warrior Priest of Ulric
So, nothing much today. I updated my Current Projects listing. A few comments regarding that:
I abandoned the plastic pre-cast rivers project. I decided they looked nice, but were too much work overall. I got about half or three-quarters done with them, but will not be finishing. Anyone wanting them can have them for shipping costs. Let me know (email is probably best).
Quite a few projects have been finished. They are marked "DONE!"
A few new projects have been added, as well. These include Martian Canals, Resin Rivers, an Ethership Field (on Mars) and a Mine Entrance (also on Mars). I was thinking of casting the canals for fun and profit. Anyone interested?
On a final note, having done a lot of re-organizing of my gaming space and looking over all of the stuff I have, I am thinking I need to get to work on more projects! With the newly cleared area available to work again, I think (hope, pray) you should see more activity in that regards and on this blog as a result.
For those of you who have remained with me through the dry spell, thanks. I hope you find some interesting new content here in the coming weeks and months.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
Good news first: I have gotten more toys in via the post office! Received today were:
- 15mm Japanese, painted (16 cavalry, 2 guns, 4 crew, and 17 infantry). Rebase these fellas and find them some command, and we're ready for Japanese Imperial troops on Mars.
- Hydra Miniatures' Warbot Destroyer.
- Miniaturicum Paint Rack (via Hydra)
- Picquet Main Rules, 2 ed.
- Finish current vessels for Republic of Venice's Aeronef fleet (need some more ships)
- Finish ten Hydra Miniatures Vardu sprout warriors
- Finish projects from January that are undone
- Repaint on old edition of GW Skink Stegadon for Venus
- Ten 28mm Copplestone German Marines as Atherbattalion
- Armorcast Gothic Laboratory Power Generator
It's a short month this month, so I think that's a good amount. Wish me luck!