Monday, July 30, 2018

ROAD TRIP!


   Dane and I are on the road starting today, driving 16 hours to Indianapolis for the legendary GenCon 2018. It's a first for both of us (at this convention).

   Plus, afterwards, we are driving up to Toronto, then Buffalo (for hot wings), then Cleveland (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), and then home.

   He's already working on the playlist. I asked if he would rather drive or fly, he said "Dad, the best part of the last time we went to Historicon [2017] was the road trip. Let's drive." Yeah, my 19-year-old said that. Done. Road trip. By the time we get to Indy, the back seat is gonna look like a couple of 9-year-olds were given $100 and no supervision at the convenience store.

I am so looking forward to it. And, as much as I am looking forward to the convention, the best part will be the road trip with my son.

3 comments:

 Ashley said...

Sounds awesome. Hoepefully, you'll find some time between all the fun to take some shots and perhaps write a few words about the trip and GenCon.

maddox pax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J Womack, Esq. said...

Ashley, it was a lot of fun. Went to a lot of panels, played a few games, bought a ton of cool stuff, made some new friends, some new business contacts, and spent a lot of time with my son which was the best.