Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kickstarter Backer Update

  I received word this week that my reward for backing the Empire of the Dead: Requiem Kickstarter is on its way from Merry Olde England. Hooray! I will be getting about 50 new figures, including plenty of bobbies and an Infernium-powered hound. I am definitely going to convert one or two of the truncheon carrying fellows to All Electric Truncheons, for that extra bit of 'oomph' when they smack you. Below is a picture of some of the newest faction, the Clickers. Essentially, I gather that they are intelligent automatons of a sinister bent. Need to read the fluff about them to get it for sure, but maybe Victorian Cybermen - you will be upgraded! Sort of wish I had ordered some with my other Empire of the Dead stuff.

Two Clickers and Nemo
[Obviously on someone else's painting table!]

   I am very excited that the minis are on the way, but I have had zero time lately to get any painting done. Grad school is keeping me busy the past two weeks. Only thing I have done recently was to clean and prime a 28mm steam tank, destined to serve the German Empire. It's the A7V-looking one from Ironclad, which I purchased at Historicon. Dark green, with brass accenting and black and white Maltese Crosses. Probably mount a flag on it as well, eventually.

   I did get in a game of Dystopian Wars last weekend, and the Prussians were handily trounced by renegade Italians! All those darned torpedoes! I need more airships. I want to try the Speerwurf out. Anyone have hints on Tiny Flyers for the Prussians? Should I have just stuck with fighters?

No comments: