Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lady Felicity and Friends...

   The lovely Lady Felicity, the last member of Lord Curr's Company to be completed, is now ready for viewing. Please do not ogle her; it's both unseemly and dangerous. Those pistols she's packing aren't for show!




   The next miniatures is the first of a batch that I was given by my good friend Eli Arndt, proprietor of Loud Ninja Miniatures, blogging wizard, and all around great guy. He sculpted them (his first comercial sculpt, if I recall). They are 15mm scale anthropmorphic owls, called 'uhul.' Unfortunately, the sunlight is sort of washing out the color on him. Since it only took me about two years to get around to painting him, I figure the rest will be done by about 2020...


   This last photo is a fellow you've seen before. Now he's all finished, with a flocked base and some protective clear coat. Here's Ape-X, from Reaper's Bones Chronoscope line. He's supposed to be a mutant supervillain or some such, I think. I am using him as a mind controlled slave to the nefarious and secretive Doctor Vardu...


3 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

I almost cringe looking at those early sculpts.

While they are still cool and fun figs, i can see how much I have grown in the couple of years since I started. Still have soooo far to go in learning the art.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Eli, the feather work is really good, though. The beak and face could use some work, and the bone armour, too. Maybe one day you will revisit the Uhul with your improved skills?

Sean said...

I like them all but Ape-X is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.