Today was my first day back at work. No students for another week, unless you count schedule pickup on Thursday evening. Bummer. Gaming-wise, the summer was a bit of a disappointment.
However, this evening was interesting. My friend Zach came over and we mucked about a bit with some Fields of Glory Ancients. He is considering a samurai army, and wnated to see how the troops did against various scenarios. So, using bases as counters, we sort of set up scenarios and ran through them. The bushi did well against Ancient Britons, both chariots and warriors. However, samurai cavalry got slaughtered by French Hundred Years War knights. The knights charged, the samurai died, and then it got really ugly in melee. Two turns to break the samurai. We plan on testing some more stuff out tomorrow night, especially the rules about charging into flanks when an enemy is already occupied to the front.
A Masked Minion Diabolical Weaponeer
I've been painting a bit the last week. I have finished totally five more 25mm Martian sepoys [RAFM] and the five Masked Minions Diabolical Weaponeers [Parroom Station]. I also finished some more 6mm terrain bits (more walls). I am almost done with the last three Eureka Prussian fliegerjager I have (need Dip, base and clear coat) and the five 25mm Martian artillery crew from Parroom Station. I am looking forward to receiving my scudder that I ordered from Brigade Games at Historicon in the near future, too. Hopefully in the next week or so - I should probably contact them to be sure of it. The shield gunners and archers are languishing at the moment. I need to hustle on those, the month is half gone! Plus some finishing touches on a bunch of 6mm Colonial/VSF stuff: 4 infantry stands, a gun stand, and the limber stand are almost done, and I have started the Martians (nee Mahdists).
Rear view of Diabolical Weaponeer.
Note the glowing handwavium power source in the pack (green).