Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Birthday Purchases

   Having just completed my 44th solar circumnavigation as of the 28th of last month, I found myself in possession of monies for which there was no immediate claim by my many creditors. So I went shopping online and bought myself some new toys. Not too much - mainly books to complete a collection (David Weber's Safehold series, in hardback).

  I did order a few gaming items, however, to include:
  • Rise of the Runelords Items Deck, by Paizo. A deck of cards which have all the stats for some of the major items found (hopefully!) by players of the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. I hope these help the players and me.
  • Critical Hit Deck, by Paizo. Instead of just doing double damage or something dull, you draw a card and that's what happens. Might be fun.
  • Sandstone Cobblestone Roads, Intersections Pack, by JR Miniatures. Some pre-finished 15mm roads. I have some already, these are to expand the set and make intersections look more natural.
  • An Osprey Men of War book on Germans in North Africa and the Balkans. I forget the precise title and issue number.
  • TIE Defender for the X-Wing Game, by FFG. Just adding to the collection of Star Wars toys.
  • About 30-35 of the new Ion Age 15mm Xin figures. I wasn't going to buy any new unpainted figures until I got more stuff I already have painted, but free shipping did me in. Still, only about $30 worth, including the really cool Jade Ape battlesuit.

   I hope to do some painting in the coming weeks. Then I will have something to report!

1 comment:

Michael Awdry said...

A belated many happy returns - great gifts you have treated yourself to.