Thursday, May 31, 2018

Dealing with Battlefront... Unpleasant

   I have placed several orders over the years with Battlefront directly. Usually this is for items I just can't get in my local game store or that must be ordered directly from them. I've even had two occasions where I had a problem with a product I purchased that needed to be resolved. Once upon a time, that was a fairly easy process. No longer.

  I have written before about my problems with the Battlefront resin Amtracs. (see here) There never was a resolution to the problem, because, well, they had nothing better to send to me.

  Now my problem is in their direct orders. I placed an order back in October of 2017 that included a can of DAK Sand spray paint for my FOW Afrika Korps army I was buying. They held the entire order up for that one can of paint. Without telling me. I finally called them in January to ask about my order, and found out what was happening. The person I spoke to offered to send me the rest of my order and then send the paint along afterwards, if I would pay for shipping. I said no. This was about $150 order. They then offered to eat the shipping on the paint and sent the rest of the order to me. For the record, I never received the paint (nor was I ever charged for it, to be fair).

"You're never gonna get it.."

   The second order I placed directly with them was at the end of March 2018. This was for Team Yankee stuff, things that you could only order direct from Battlefront (a tank sprue, the aircon units, the extra floor for the factory, and the billboards). Again, no word for months, just the order held up. I emailed them last week. And again, the hold up is a single item, the extra floor. No contact, just wait for it. I again got them to send the rest of the order (still hasn't arrived) except for the backordered piece. Which, in a separate email, they confirmed would be another 4-6 weeks from receiving in their warehouse. I also cancelled the paint can order at this time.


The First Floor


   This is just bad service, period. I've decided that if I have to order directly from Battlefront to get something, I don't need it that badly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain, you're not the first and sadly not the last.

I had an issue with a spray paint, german tank yellow as was...
Had ordered it, received the confirmation Email, then nothing. When I chased it up it took a week for a response and the response, Oh we stopped manufacturing it would you like Deserst yellow instead. Grrrr.

No I didn't

J Womack, Esq. said...

That's exactly what happened to me. Grrrr....