Monday, September 24, 2018

The Town of Baderimschott

   I got out all of my 15mm European terrain yesterday and set up a West German town for a future game of Team Yankee. It's pretty tight quarters throughout - a tanker's nightmare! Mostly, I wanted to see what all I actually have, and what I may still need. Plus, it was fun. I took a few photos, and here is what you get: the completely fictional town of Baderimschott, somewhere in West Germany.

   All pieces are Battlefront/GF9 Battlefield in a Box unless noted otherwise. The mat underneath is from Cigar Box Battle Mats.

Das Altquartier
This is the older part of town, undamaged by the previous war.
The cobblestone roads are JR Miniatures, and the little hedges are from someone else and I can't think who right now but I got them at Historicon.

Down the High Street
On the left is Die Waffelhaus,
On the right is the offices of FabrikwerkenGeheimschellschaft.

Aerial View of Baderimschott
Ignore the mess around it. The table is 4'x6'.

The back of the Park house and the hotel (with the garden on the plaza). The flowered hedges are railroad scenery that I glued to flocked popsicle sticks, and Shazaam! Instant terrain.

Industrial Park

Town Center
Note the apartment complex on the corner. Very modern. 
(I just painted the aircon units and need to add them still)

The Orchard Farm is on the right, the petrol station to the left, across from the FuntimeGames factory.
The fields are home made, the trees are railroad trees I put on washers.

   So, I have a few things I think I need to add:
  • At least one more Modern Roads Expansion. I need the crossroads and the short road pieces. I may cut some of my extra long roads down to help with that.
  • A couple of packs of the cobblestone roads
  • A couple of the rural roads, while I am at it. I don't have any good dirt roads for this scale
  • Two more apartment buildings, maybe three
  • More Cobblestone Squares, probably two sets
  • The new Brick Factory
  • 1 of each of the houses: Antwerp, Munich, Cherbourg, and Dieppe, especially if I can get alternate colors.
  • 1 set of House Extensions
  • Another Mechanic's workshop. Might paint it red to make a fire house (an idea I saw online); what's the German for firehouse?
  • Another set of concrete walls. Maybe 2 of those.
  • The European Farm. Again, maybe two.
  • A second department store, again, especially if I can get an alternate paint scheme
  • The cafe, if I can ever find one for sale now.
  • More trees. I am working on some forest bases to make better area terrain.

   I do have, though I didn't put any out on this table, some of the train tracks, and the rail station and the switch house. I also have the road overpass and a couple of bridges. I have a billboard sign or two that I haven't painted up yet. I need to decide what I want to put on them.

   Finally, I have a few pieces by Miniature Building Authority, but I like the FOW European stuff better for 15mm. I didn't put them out but I could if I had to make it bigger. I also have a sawmill but thought it would look out of place, as it's more old-fashioned.

   One last note: if I wanted to make it an East German town, I would get rid of the fast food joints and the flowery shrubs and trees. I would definitely want more apartment blocks, factories, and industrial stuff. Give it a bit more of a grim feel.

4 comments:

Don M said...

Not bad J, you do need a few more flats I think, otherwise it looks like a dozen German villages I've passed though over the years. Also perhaps a rail head?

J Womack, Esq. said...

I thought about a railhead as well. I have an overpass and the train tracks, and a station.

Skully said...

Most beautiful terrain, Sir!

J Womack, Esq. said...

Thanks Skully!