Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kinda Quiet Around Here...

   But fear not, dear friends! The quiet you do not hear here is the quiet of a duck swimming. All appears calm on the surface, but underneath... ah, that is where all the furious paddling is going on!

   The A to Z of VSF is going well on my other blog, Victoria's Boys in Red. We are up to "F is for FENIANS." And, VBIR got a facelift, too. You should probably check it out if you are not already a follower.

   On the painting front, work proceeds, oh so slowly. I will post an official update on the progress towards my goals this weekend, but I am not unhappy with it so far.

   As far as conventions are concerned, I hope to attend at least three this year: Historicon (assuming the money is there and the games in the PEL are interesting), Broadsides! (held aboard USS Texas), and Milleniumcon. I reserved a room for Historicon last night. I can always cancel if I decide not to attend.

   Finally, I did manage to get a game of FOW in two weeks ago, I don't recall mentioning it here. Let me just say, for the record, that Early War German Heer infantry sucks. Actually, they held out pretty well and the HMGs did a serious number on an attacking platoon of French Colonial infantry (Senegalese, IIRC). A draw when time ran out, it was starting to go in the favor of the French, thanks to bad dice rolls and not knowing I could double move my tanks as reinforcements to get them into position two turns earlier than I did! The perils of learning a  new rules set...

1 comment:

Michael Awdry said...

Sorry old chap, I hadn't realised that you had a second blog! Splendid title and content, now following.