Thursday, April 25, 2013

OGRE Anticipation

 
   In anticipation of receiving the massive 25.2 pounds of OGRE-y goodness that is the Kickstarter Special 6th Designer's Edition, I placed a couple of orders today. Shhhh... don't tell my wife. So, what did I get? Well, I started with two of the boxed sets of OGRE Mk. III-B miniatures from Steve Jackson Games's Warehouse 23.
 
 
 
   Then, I ordered two sets of sponsored counter sheets for the Designer's Edition: the Nihonese Empire by Thirdpower, available HERE, and the OGRE: Nightfall set from Fire Mountain Games.
 
Lo-res image of the Nihonese Empire sheet.

The cover for OGRE: Nightfall
 
   OGRE: Nightfall is an alternate future history, not a part of OGRE canon. The basic story is that the OGREs have gone all Terminator: create a peaceful Earth by killing off all the people. The pieces are black and menacing, which is cool. I may even paint one of the metal OGREs I mentioned earlier to be a Nightfall OGRE.
 
 
 

No comments: