Sunday, February 19, 2017

Progress Report 19 FEB 2017

   I have been progressing well at the paint table the last week or two. Taking a moment to gather (and share) my thoughts.

   I have almost finished the second platoon of Marine infantry, eight more bases of four figures each. In addition, I ordered some of Battlefront's War Dog teams, a USMC Engineer Assault Squad, an LMG platoon (M1919 .30 cal), and some M3A1 37mm AT guns. After that, I just have some odds and ends to fill in for variety (at least as far as purchasing goes). I think the next group of Marines to get painted will be my 60mm mortar platoon.

   While I'm at it, I also put the gun crews for some Nationalist Spanish Civil War antitank guns on the painting table, and a new company command stand. They are almost finished, with all the base down, and the ink washes done. Just a bit of highlighting and basing, then clear coat and done. That will bolster my forces nicely.

   I discussed yesterday briefly purchasing some additional Ion Age figures for my Star Viking force. I'll be adding more Maligs to the crew, some random picks from what Ion Age offers. I'm painting up some older random sci-fi figures right now too. Some security robots which I think will be added to the Star Vikings and the crew of the Biscuitship from Khurasan. These are definitely not Joel, Crow, and Tom from MST3K. Nope. I'm going to group base them, use them perhaps for an objective marker or something scenario driven, like the scientists.

  Finally, let me leave you with this newly finished park terrain piece. Yes, the benches are painted like Pokeballs.


2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Loving that piece of park terrain!

J Womack, Esq. said...

Thanks Michael.