Monday, March 15, 2010

March Mid-Month Progress Report

Overall, the report for VSF gaming is Very Good.


10x "Great Rail Wars" Steam turtles: DONE

Hydra Miniatures's Warbot: DONE

Wyrd Miniatures's Brass Arachnid: DONE

Metal GW Stegadon Crew: DONE

And the whole Stegadon, based and ready.

As for the rest of this month's projects, both the Praetorian Heavy Bolter (aka the McFadden patent Single Barrel 3 pdr. Pom Pom) and the Autocannon (aka the Greelie-Heeby Magazine 7 pdr. Artillery) are about 60% done. This includes a modification of one autocannon crewman to change a control box to a telescope. The guns themselves are painted and done. Just finishing up the crew.

The ten Empress British have been started, and most of the block painting is done on them. I really like these minis. Lots of character. I have decided they will be representatives of the Manchester Regiment, formerly the 63rd (West Suffolk) Regiment of Foot before amalgamation with the 93rd last year. Non-royal, English regiments have white facings, as will these. Single battalion regiment. I think First Company, yes? Anyway, the ten I put in my goal this month are about 25-30% done, I would say. Keep an eye out for a Reginald's on the 63rd once I get these painted.

Besides my goal projects, I am working on a variety of other things sort of part-time. This includes the officer for the Queen's Own Aeromobile Infantry, the "Skywalkers." Just barely started on him, though. I need to back off of them a bit, so I can get my Warhammer Fantasy stuff worked on. Tomorrow and the next day might be bad painting days, as I am supposed to get my wisdom teeth removed first thing tomorrow morning. Pharmaceutical rollercoaster. Next stop, la-la land.

Oh, and I have the cloths ready to dye for my small Car Wars arena and the big green fields of Earth mat. Maybe if I tie dye them while whacked out on pain meds they will look totally awesome! Or maybe not. I think I will wait on that...

6 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

What would it take to get a couple of matts made for me?

Kobold said...

@Eli - after wisdom teeth removal? Some serious drugs if mine was any guide to go by :(

Good luck with the teeth, J. Wisdoms are not fun.

J Womack, Esq. said...

What kind and what size? The good cloth or the cheaper tarp?

Eli Arndt said...

I only need like a 4'x4' piece for running Land Ironclads on. I don't think the tarp is needed.

J Womack, Esq. said...

It would be about $20 for the cloth (including getting it sewn) and another $10 or so for the dye. Probably be able to get it in the medium priority box, so another $10 for that. Call it about $40.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful VSF figures there.