Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More Miragliani Marksmen...

I won five packs of these for $25! They should arrive in the next week or so. Not too shabby, I think.

Quick update:

I've been busy working on terrain as well. I have some new rock outcroppings and cliffs that are nearly finished. Also, I found some apple trees on clearance at Hobby Lobby, so there is a four tree orchard on the way. Finally, I have been working on a new canvas mat for the table top, suitable for Empire battles. Sadly, I really messed up on the first one. It will be transformed into a Martian landscape. The second one looks better, but is too dark - more like a jungle than European fields and such. Fine for Lustria and Venus, but not what I wanted for the Empire. So try number three is coming up in the next month or so.

Finally, I have nearly finished the Lizardman Stegadon (old metal version). The crew just needs a little touch-up and then to be glued in place in the howdah.

No work on Empire. Well, almost none. I started the last six flagellants. So far, just the flesh has been painted. Like I said, not much. I got a new pot of paint to help vary the dark reds of their robes.

Next week is Spring Break. I hope to get a lot of painting done

No comments: