Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Blimey! Quiet around here, innit?"

Sorry guys. Real life has a nasty habit of getting in the way sometimes. End of school craziness. Only one more week to go!

Little progress. We have been playing a bit of Labyrinth Lord lately, for an hour or so in the evenings. The boys are still slowly working their way into the Caves of Chaos. In fact, I need to re-populate parts of it, as they were down for a month with a nasty infected rat bite or two... So those caves they thought were clear... aren't any longer. I wonder if they go back over there?

One beef I have with LL is that it is way too easy to kill off a first level character or five. Even in what is supposed to be an introductory module, the boys are either having terrible luck or just not enough healing. We frequently play one encounter, then have to go back to the castle to heal up for a day or two. Their tactics seem sound (fighter and dwarf in front, then elf and cleric, then wizard and two hirelings). But with only one 'cure light wounds' spell, the cleric runs out fast.

I did finish the black smoke projector and the four heavy BattleMechs, plus a couple of trucks for BattleTech. I need to finish work on the Aethergraph. It is looking pretty cool, I just wanted a little more content for it. Again, if you have any... email me! aethergraph@gmail.com I especially would like artwork or reviews of rules sets or even fiction... plan to publish what I have on May 31, God willing and the creek don't rise.

3 comments:

Dogui said...

http://dogui.wordpress.com/

Dogui said...

Sorry, that was not the message I meant to send. I was asking for info about the Aethergraph, since I am an illustrator :)

cheers!

WQRobb said...

"One beef I have with LL is that it is way too easy to kill off a first level character or five."
The "fifteen minute adventuring day" is part-and-parcel of the Old School experience. I might recommend you suggest to the players that they don't have to fight everything they come across. Negotiate, threaten, trick, bribe--all these are viable options in LL.