I have a rather... unfocused approach to my various gaming interests. I roleplay, wargame, paint and collect minis.
Monday, November 9, 2020
Miscellaneous 40K photos
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Crimson Fists Pictures
Friday, November 6, 2020
Ursus Phratrie Chapter - Some Photos at Last
I apologize about the quality of some of these photos. A photographer, I am not.
My 40K projects, Progress YTD
I mentioned earlier that I have been working on a lot of 40K this year. How much? The following is a list of all that is finished. Almost every mini was purchased this year, and all have been painted this year. “In progress” indicates minis that have been started but are not finished. I did not include any minis still on sprues or in boxes, etc.
Crimson Fists, 3rd Company and Reinforcements:
- Captain (Tactical Marine with some kitbash bits)
- Captain in Terminator Armour
- Primaris Captain (Indomitus)
- Primaris Lieutenant with Auto Boltrifle
- Primaris Lieutenant (Indomitus)
- 1st Squad. 10x Tactical Marines
- 2nd Squad. 10x Tactical Marines
- 3rd Squad. 5x Intercessor Marines
- 4th Squad. Intercessor Sergeant
- 7th Squad. 3x Space Marine Bikes, 1x Attack Bike (Multi-melta)
- 7th Squad. 3x Inceptors (assault bolters)
- 9th Squad. 5x Hellblasters
- 2x Rhino APC
- 1x Predator Tank (with extra turret)
- 1x Razorback
- 1x Venerable Dreadnought with two alternate weapons
- 1st Co., Squad A. 5x Terminators, + 1 extra heavy weapon Terminator
- 1st Co., Squad B. 5x Terminators
- 1st Co., Squad C. 5x Assault Terminators
- 9th Co., Squad 10. Hellblaster Sergeant
- In progress: Librarian in Terminator Armour, 5x Assault Intercessor (8th Co., Squad 8), 10x Assault Marines (8), Chaplain, Librarian, 2x Rhinos, 4x Hellblasters (9th Co., Squad 10), 5x Devastator Marines (Sq. 10), 5x Infiltrators (5), and plans for more.
Ursus Phratrie, custom Space Marines Chapter, 4th Company
- Captain in Phobos Armour
- Lieutenant in Phobos Armour
- Primaris Librarian
- Squad 1. 5x Intercessors
- Squad 2. 5x Infiltrators
- Squad 3. 5x Infiltrators
- Squad 7. 5x Assault Intercessors
- Squad 9. 5x Hellblasters w/ Heavy Plasma Incinerators
- Squad 9. 3x Suppressors
- Squad 10. 3x Eliminators
- Squad 10. 3x Eradicators
- Redemptor Dreadnought
- In progress: Nothing at the moment, but I have plans to expand. Oh my, yes. Heavy Intercessors, another Lieutenant, a vehicle or two...
- 5x Reivers (Kill Team)
Van Saar Gang (Necromunda)
- 10x Van Saar gangers
Goliath Gang (Necromunda)
- 10x Goliath gangers
Escher Gang (Necromunda)
- In Progress: 10x Escher gangers
Orlock Gang (Necromunda)
- In Progress: 12x Orlock gangers
Cult of the Four Armed Emperor Genestealer Cult
- Patriarch w/ 2 Familiars
- Iconward Acolyte
- 5x Hybrid Acolyte
- 10x Hybrid Neophytes
- 10x Purestrain Genestealers
- 12x Brood Brothers
- In progress: Achilles Ridgerunner
- 5x Fire Wariiors (Breacher)
- 5x Fire Warriors (Strike)
- 1x MV-1 Gun Drone
- 1x MV-7 Marker Drone
- 1x DS8 Remote Support Turret
- In progress: 40x Kroot Carnivores, Kroot Shaper
- In progress (all older metal sculpts, since I don't do "Fine"cast): Striking Scorpions Exarch, Swooping Hawks Exarch, 5x Swooping Hawks
- Lots of it. I have painted Killzone platforms and terrain, a lot of third party/3D printed stuff, Tyranid bioterrain, Promethium Relay pipes, Battlefield in a Box rocky hills (added tufts and some paint, etc.), Armoured Containers, etc...
- In Progress: 8x 3D printed bulkheads, 2x 3D printed buildings, 6x Sector Imperialis Objective Markers
So, as you can see, the shutdowns have been helpful in my painting, as have contrast paints, which really speed up my process.
Friday, October 23, 2020
A Quick Note
If you're wondering:
- I'm alive.
- I'm mostly well.
- I'm still gaming.
This blog has languished, like many (if not most) others. I'm sorry about that, for those of you who are still out there checking in on blogs.
I've actually been very busy with gaming, especially painting. I got back into Warhammer 40K just in time to have them change editions on me. But still, I have painted dozens of Warhammer minis this year, and will continue to do more.
I'm in two online games these days, one on Mondays where we are currently playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 4th Ed., and one on alternate Thursdays, where we are playing Starfinder. I am the GM for the WFRP game, and a PC in the Starfinder.
My historical gaming has expanded some as well, especially in Flames of War 4. Lots of Germans painted up, and working on (kind of half-heartedly) British Airborne. I even work on my USMC troops sometimes (though they are stuck in FOW3).
I have a LOT of photos of stuff I have painted this year. I will try to get some of them uploaded soon.
Take care, ladies and gents.
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Wow It has Been a Minute...
So I will start with some
***This Draft was abandoned months ago. I am actually posting it on 23 October 2020***