Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Goldie Blox and the Top Ten TV Commercials

10. California Raisins 'Heard it Through the Grapevine'


   Can't beat the Mo-town sound for sales. These guys made it into the Smithsonian. More than most of us will ever be able to say.

9. Dunkin Donuts "Time to Make the Donuts"



   Haven't we all felt like poor Fred the Baker once in a while?

8. Tootsie Pop "How Many Licks?"



   The world may never know. I don't like them - I'm a Blow Pop guy -  but the ad is still great.

7. McDonald's "Recital"



  Earlier I said you can't beat Mo-Town for sales. Well, this proves I was a little off, because this ain't Mo-Town. "And I would eat them all myself, and not give any to my dumb brother..." This may have been written by my sister.

6. Coca Cola "Mean Joe Greene"



  C'mon, you gotta love this one. How did they pitch it? Who doesn't want a stinky sweaty jersey from a large and intimidating athlete? But it works.

5. Wendy's "Where's the Beef?"



   If ever anyone became famous for a tagline, this is it. Clara Peller, at the age of 81, became an icon of commercial advertising.

4. E*Trade "E*Trade Baby: Milkaholic"



   "Milk-a-wha?"

3. Coca Cola "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"



  A classic. Just awesome feel good stuff.

2. Goldie Blox 'Girls'


   This is one of the coolest products I have heard of in a long time for kids. You can vote for them to get a free spot on the Super Bowl broadcast. Please do.

1. Nissan 'Toys' Commercial



  I love the look on Ken's face at the end. That's right, Ken: Barbie is GI Joe's honey now, you ascot wearing nancy.


No comments: