Monday, February 3, 2014

6mm Cannons

   One of my gifts at Christmas last year was a box of Steve Jackson Games's Paneuropean Set 6: Howitzer Battery and Mobile Howitzers. I painted them up last week, along with another 6mm (nominally) giant, the Games Workshop Epic 40K Goliath Cannon. This will fill in as a terrain piece for 6mm VSF, the fabled Verne Cannon capable of intercontinental shelling. It could perhaps also be used as something for Battletech or even Ogre games, probably as some sort of orbital defense cannon objective.

Paneuropean 'Arquebus'-class Howitzer
Note French tricolor with Paneuropean Helmet logo.

I added the antennae to the bunkers.
I chose yellow ochre for the color because of the historical carriage color on French guns.

The Arquebus v. the Goliath

The Goliath.
Very simple, and I think striking, paint scheme.

2 comments:

Sean said...

You've had a lot of good stuff going on and I've finally caught up. The Goliath is something else. I also liked the top ten one eyed badasses. I can't think of any omissions to the list.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Thanks Sean, glad you are enjoying it.