Saturday, October 1, 2016

British Indians going to FOW Tournament

   I am taking another swing at a local tournament today. I will run my British 8th Army Indian Rifle Company. I haven't ever had a lot of luck with these fellows, but I do like them. Part of it may be that I just haven't got how to use them best figured out. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

One thing I lack is a Tiger killer, except maybe for air support. But I have gone an entire game before without getting air support to arrive.

Here's the list for 1500 points of Mid War. Indians are Fearless Trained.

Company HQ (Indian)
  • Company Command Rifle Team
  • 2iC Rifle Team
  • 2x Blacker Bombards
2x Rifle Platoon (Indian) - I usually plunk one over a key objective. They're really hard to root out.
  • Cmd Rifle/MG Team
  • 9x Rifle/MG Team
  • Light Mortar Team
Carrier Platoon (Indian)
  • 6x Indian Pattern Carrier - I use these to keep ambushes back and to machine gun the hell out of a position my infantry is about to assault.
Mortar Platoon (Indian)
  • Cmd Rifle Team
  • 3x Observer Team
  • 6x ML 3" Mortar

Machine Gun Platoon (Indian)
  • Cmd Rifle Team
  • 4x Vickers HMG
Infantry Tank Platoon (Confident Trained)
  • 2x Valentine III - useful against lightly armoured opponents
  • Valentine VIII - 6-pdr gun can do some damage
Anti-Tank Platoon, Royal Artillery 8th Army (Confident Veteran)
  • Cmd Rifle Team
  • Jeep
  • 2x 2-pdr Portee
  • 2x 6-pdr Portee
Field Battery, Royal Artillery, 8th Army (Confident Veteran)
  • Cmd Rifle Team
  • Staff Team
  • Observer Team
  • 15-cwt Truck (I usually leave this off table)
  • 4x OQF 25-pdr
Air Support
  • Limited Air Support, Hurricane IIC

2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Best of luck Sir!

J Womack, Esq. said...

I came in 8th of 22. Not too unhappy about that.