Saturday, January 26, 2008

26 January 2008

A simple posting tonight.

I know I haven't put any pictures of the Martian artillery up yet. I'll do that in a few minutes, I suppose, so that I keep my promises. Always important to do that.

I've been working on painting the Emerald Legion, but progress is slow. I hope to have at least ten or so done by the end of next week, both guns and halberds. The Legion uses moderately primitive breechloading smoothbores. And there are no bayonets. That's why they have the polearms. In battle, they also use a set of pavises for cover on the open deserts of Mars.

I am also going to make a quick and easy flag holder. Its nothing more than a short piece of plastic tubing, glued to a base. The tubing will be concealed by flock and ballast. Then the flag staff of whatever flag I want can be inserted into it. I have a similar setup on my watchpost tower, so it can be held by any of the colonial or even native powers.

I am also going to try and finish the oasis terrain piece. To date, it is the most ambitious terrain I have ever made myself. I think it is coming out okay, but I definitely want to add some of the red sand I purchased at Michael's (a craft store chain) and more grass and ballast. It also needs to have its trees touched up from their out of the box (Pegasus Models) look to a slightly more realistic look. Flatter colors, a bit of depth to the bark and leaves via a quick drybrush. That sort of thing.

Oh, and if you are interested in zombies, check out the small tag under my photo on the right, the one that says 58% Zombie-proof. Click on it to get to a fun little quiz. I'd have scored better if I had more canned goods and less regard for the lives of my family members. Oh well. Off to Sam's Club to buy a few 5 gallon tins of black olives and chicken soup. And a box of Twinkies - guaranteed to survive the Zombie Apocalypse.

No comments: