Thursday, January 10, 2008

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Greetings after a lengthy absence. It would be ever so much easier to keep up with this had I access to the telephonic journal through my workplace difference engine. Alas, some hooligans have ruined that for all, by abusing a privilege. Oh well, I soldier on in the evenings at my home.

We had a bit of family time at the household tonight. We watched a thrilling moving picture based upon a poem by that Kipling fellow, titled "Gunga Din." Good stuff, that. Shows what three properly motivated sergeants in Her Imperial Majesty's forces can do when outnumbered by a bunch of shifty Thuggee. Even if they only wore red at the party and kharkee in the field. The lads found it exhilarating, I must say. Its proud of them I am, I assure you all.

In painting matters, I have been as lax as in journaling so far this year. I touched brush to paint (or more correctly, brush to ink wash) exactly once this week, for all of about ten minutes. I applied some of the brown Kel's Magic Sauce (now sold by Didi of the WarStore.com - nice folks!). However, I wasn't really happy with the result, so I believe I will go on with the MinWax I used on some of the other Martian askaris. These lads are taking simply forever to finish.

We are looking forward to the weekend. A game of Wings of War is planned for the boys and myself, complete with miniatures for that Hun von Richthofen and the Yank Rickenbacker. Coming soon to the Houston area, we shall have a mini-con at Little Wars. Its next weekend, I think.

Finally, for those of you who have been enjoying the alternate history of the Republic of Texas, an update has been made earlier this week. I hope you caught it, though many of the revisions were minor. Work has continued on the document. I have been adding some sporting news to it, from ideas originated by my co-conspirator, Jim Stewart about rugby in the Republic. There is also a good dose of Olympic sport being added, so it isn't all war and politics. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

That's all for tonight, I am afraid. The youngest needs tucking in after his insulin injection, and the eldest as well (past his bedtime, the little blighter!).

No comments: