Friday, April 30, 2010

April Wrapup from the Painting Table

A few shots of the work completed this month...


25mm Masked Minion (1 of 10) [Parroom]

25mm Half-Jacks (9 of the 10) [Privateer]

Masked Minion Gun Crew (1 out of 4)
[Parroom Station]

6mm (1/285) Trucks [GHQ Modern Microarmor]

25mm Masked Minion Officer (needs base work)

I got a good bit of work done this month. I was kind of surprised, considering how many other projects I worked on and how crazy work was. But, to be honest, I am pretty happy. I was disappointed in finishing the Minions because I have lost the wheel for my smoke launcher! I need to order a replacement or find the silly blasted thing... guess which one is more likely to happen?

One other mini-related disappointment is the Star Frontiers Player Character box set I bought from eBay. Still sealed from 1983. Lead rot, big time:

25mm Vrusk, lower body [TSR, 1983]

3 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

Sucks about the lead rot. That's another reason I've been hesitant to order vintage SF minis. In 15mm you might think about proxying GZG's Ixx for Vrusk. They don't have enough legs, but they have the same general concept of centauroid insectoids.

J Womack, Esq. said...

Wow... GZG's Ixx... good idea. I'll look into it. Maybe a few extra legs could be added to the Ixx?

Eli Arndt said...

Not sure how easy it would be to add legs to the 15mm figs but I wouldn't sweat it too much.

word verification - undedpi.

Doesn't sound too tasty.