Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Pair of Portees

   I got a bit more painting done in the last week. The most interesting bits are a pair of 2-pdr portees for my Indo-British North African forces. In the early part of the war in North Africa, there were not enough armored vehicles. To make the 2-pdr antitank gun more mobile, they were adapted to fit in the back of a cutdown truck. These so-called 'portees' combined mobility and firepower, but were very vulnerable to return fire.

I didn't try to cram the whole crew onto the back because it looked too crowded.

A little blurry. Sorry 'bout that.

   I also painted a 15-cwt truck and a 3-ton lorry for a motor rifle company.

3-ton lorry


15-cwt truck

   I am almost done with my six India Pattern Carriers. They just need some drybrushing and the driver to be added into the seat (right hand, please - they are British subjects, after all!). After those are done, I want to tackle the three jeeps and the last two lorries.

2 comments:

ColKillgore said...

They look good. I have a unit of Deacons, that surprised a couple people playing early war.

ColKG

J Womack, Esq. said...

I like the Deacons, but they aren't available on the list I normally use. I can't even get 6-pdrs unless I go "British in Disguise", my term for using Commonwealth troops in British lists.