Thursday, May 29, 2014

O is for...

15mm Sci Fi A to Z Brings You...

O is for Ogre

   You may have been laboring under the widely held delusion that Ogre Miniatures, the Steve Jackson Games product, was a 6mm scale (1/285 or 1/300) game. You would be quite mistaken, my friend.

   For, you see, once upon a misty morn, many moons ago, there was a 15mm Ogre 'macroture'. Several of them, actually. They made at least the Mk. III Ogre and some Paneuropean Galahad-class GEVs. I know of at least one Mk. III still out there. I want one, really badly. If only to see the look on the other guy's face when you carefully set it on the table. Carefully, because the thing is huge.

Picture Shamelessly Stolen from Brazos Evil Empire Blog
Notice the 15mm infantry for scale...

Here's the Galahad...

   So, there they are... to my knowledge the only models made in this scale for Ogre. I'd buy a Mk. III if someone made more. Or a Mk. III-B. Or a Mk. V. Or a Mk. II. A Mk. VI would just be silly, though. Wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Chuckaroobob said...

I remember the GEV Macroture was in 1:60 scale, I've got 12 of them. 10 are painted. It absolutely breaks my heart that Steve never released any other vehicles in that scale. At the very least he should've brought out the HVY and MSL tanks. I've seen the 15mm Mk3 on the web, never seen one in the flesh. I'd love to have one!

Don M said...

Not only is the 15mm MKIII big but it's pretty heavy also as it's make from heavy resin. If you want to see a game with these monsters click
on the side broad on my Brazos Evil Empire blog.