Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Two Wins! LPL Rounds 8 and 9

   I finally got a couple of more wins in the Lead Painter's League, in Rounds 8 and 9.

Road Hogs: Round 8

   The Road Hogs entry was inspired of course by Fury Road, the latest "Mad Max" film. I put the Mad Max in quotes, because, well... Max isn't the main character. It is, however, a two hour long car chase. Which is pretty cool. The cars are repainted Matchbox, the motorcycles come from Games Workshops' Dark Future game from the 80s. I added some antennas, grill-work armor, and a few wheel blades, a head on a pole, that sort of thing.

FSA Fleet: Round 9

   These are the capital ships of my Federated States fleet for Dystopian Wars. One dreadnought, a battleship, a 'heavy' battleship, and two carriers - one a double-decker!

   So that puts me in at, to date, a total of four wins, five losses, with one week remaining. Out of 32 contestants, I am in 21st place. I think I may win this week as well, with my final entry. That would put me at a respectable 5-5 record. I'll take it!

3 comments:

TamsinP said...

Nice work and congrats on the wins :)

I should be doing some Mad Max type conversions myself pretty soon - I hope they come out as well as yours.

Unknown said...

Those road hogs are really nice looking. Deadly machines.

Best of luck on your game this week!

J Womack, Esq. said...

Thanks ladies!

Tamsin, I have really liked your Car Wars vehicles so far. Keep 'em coming!