Friday, January 8, 2016

First things painted in 2016: planets!

   I painted up three planets yesterday for table fluff in X-Wing games. Simple, really, just some styrofoam ball halves and acrylic paints. I even bought the balls already cut in halves. *grin*

TIE fighter from X-Wing game for scale.
This planet is just blue and swirly.

A terrestrial planet.


As the world turns...

An important planet - source of the spice!

The polar cap of the desert planet. Only place there is water: the molten ice cap.

 
All three planets on my starfield cloth.

   I'm thinking about doing three more, since I have three more halves. One will be an industrial hive city planet, covered in city except for some open water. One will be a pink and yellow swirly gas planet. Dunno what to do with the last one. Any suggestions?


2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

They look rather splendid, can you flet sections of them giving a crater like service?

J Womack, Esq. said...

Almost assuredly.