Saturday, June 30, 2018

OGRE on Steam

   One last post for the month of June!

   I took advantage of the Summer Sale on Steam to buy the OGRE online game for only $14.99 - yes, that's a free plug. But time is running out on the sale, so if you want to get it for $10 off, hurry.

   The next question is obviously this, then: "do I want to buy it?" The answer is "only if you like to play OGRE or any turn-based wargame." I've played about six games so far, and amassed a record of 4 - 2.



   I haven't played against an online opponent yet, but I look forward to it. There is a campaign mode  for single player that I have enjoyed so far, with rogue OGREs causing all sorts of trouble.

   I haven't tried to customize any scenarios or anything yet. Like I said, I just purchased the game yesterday and I already have about six hours on it.

   I'm very happy with my purchase. Mostly, the randomizer for the die roll hates me. But that is pretty typical for me.

No comments: