Sunday, June 24, 2018

No painting lately, but some boardgames

   Partly a result of having left town for ten days, and recovering from same afterwards, I really haven't done much painting lately. I'm going to try to get back into it this week.

   I did play a few games over the past few weeks. I beat my wife in Scrabble, a classic. I got in Triplanetary from the Kickstarter but haven't had a chance to get to play it really. I did practice some of the maneuvers - the vector system takes some getting used to, really. 

   I purchased Fallout, the boardgame. Played a game of that solo trying to figure out how it works. Managed to win, and enjoyed the solo play of it. I am looking forward to playing with others.

   Finally, my buddy Zach, his son, and I played a game of Zombicide: Green Horde, which he went all in on with the Kickstarter. Tons of stuff. TONS. We played the first scenario, and managed a win. Those orcs are tough! Not so much to kill, but man they chew you up if they get a a chance to hit you.

2 comments:

Michael Awdry said...

Good to hear that you are getting some games in. Green Horde is great fun. Our pledge arrived in two waves and so the first couple of times we played it with just the core box heroes and ouch! The timing of the horde entering can really spoil your day. :)

J Womack, Esq. said...

It actually worked t our advantage a couple of times. Small horde that came up early in the spawn sequence, which of course stops the spawn. We also used the heck out of the trebuchet to thin them down.