Saturday, July 28, 2018

And more progress!

   This will go down as the busiest month on this blog in a long time.

   Here I present for your enjoyment and comments the remainder of my productivity over the past two months or so. A few 15mm Flames of War items and some terrain.

PzKw IV

   I bought these Battlefront Panzer IVs a long time ago in a platoon box. I have all five. Problem is, they are really a later war model than the Afrika Korps would have had. Note the Zimmerit anti-magnetic mine coating and the protective skirts on the turrets. Neither would have been in Afrika. When I figured it out I had already sprayed them in the basecoat. So I just inked them, dry brushed over it, and painted one or two minor details. I didn't bother with the track skirts, as they are both a  bit fiddly and inaccurate in the desert as far as I know. These will have to do until I get some more appropriate models.

Four of the six desert palm trees I finished

A pair of Hurricanes, ready to hunt the Hun in the North African desert.
These are the newer Battlefront range.

A resin palisade. suitable for 15mm as a tall fence or 25/28mm as a somewhat short one.

   Pieces by Ainsty Castings, I think. Or maybe Acheson Creations? I bought them years ago at Historicon from a big bin they keep, made from their leftover resin. Rather than waste what's left in the pot after a pour, they pour it into some small molds. The result is a lot of small pieces that they sell for relatively cheap - like a buck or two each.

No comments: