Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Little Tiny Troopers (6mm OGRE Infantry)

   I finally got a bit of work done on a bunch of little guys. I still have three stands (9 figures) to finish off, but that's just waiting for some glue to dry. These are all the plastic battle-suited infantry from the new box set 1 of OGRE Miniatures. I may eventually get another box set so that I can do stands of two or single figures to model attrition, but for now I plan to use casualty caps. I'd also like to get some to set up as Heavy Weapons squads, but I will need some sort of weapon for that...

   I painted them up as members of a NeoSoviet Paneuropean Motor Rifle Division. They have GEV-PCs to go with them, and some armour in the form of Heavy Tanks and Mobile Howitzers. I think I have already posted photos of those. If not, I can always dig them out and snap a few.

  I intentionally modeled each cluster of squads on different sorts of terrain, just for fun. The one group that hasn't been done is the urban set, because I was waiting for the glue to dry on the rubble. The hexes I used to base them are 1" across the flats, IIRC. I got them from Litko, 3mm thick. I use the same for most of the smaller vehicles.

"Swampy" - (3x3 bases)
I am going to put some gloss on the water once the dullcote dries

Plains/Grassland/Forest - generic (5x3 bases)

"Farm" I modeled little crop rows (3x3 bases)
Also, you can see a piece of Frostgrave terrain (the grate)

"Urban" (3x3 bases)
Once the glue dries on the rubble, a quick bit of paint on it and these nine will be done as well.

   I left a bit of space in white on the backs of the bases to make notes like unit, Attack Strength, Range, Defense Strength, and Move. I will add those when my printer decides to act right again.

3 comments:

Desert Scribe said...

Nice job! I'm glad you're back blogging again. I still want to get together for a game sometime.

Michael Awdry said...

Oh wow, they really are amazing and very small!

J Womack, Esq. said...

Desert Scribe: Yes, we need to make that happen one day.