Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Warsaw Pact Reinforcements Arrived

   Just in time to hit the battlefield a week or two after the end of our Firestorm Campaign... but they are here.

   I just got some air defense systems and some heavy artillery support. The ADA comes in the form of a pair of ZSU-23-4 "Shilkas" and SA-13 "Gopher" missile tracks. The Artillery is a trio (battery) of 2S3 Acacias.

SA-13 "Gopher" (NATO designation)
9K35 Strela-10 (Pact)

2S3 "Acacia"
SO-152 Akatsiya

ZSU-23-4 "Shilka"
Named for the battery of four 23mm cannon... tricksy Russians!

   Now if I can just get them painted... but I think I have come across a quick paint solution for Soviet vehicles, which, let's face it, don't have the most difficult paint scheme of solid green. I'm trying it out on some BM-21 Hail MRLS trucks and a battery of Czech DANA SP guns. Wish me luck.



No comments: