Sunday, March 17, 2019

WIP: Minefields for Team Yankee

   As I really don't like the measure from the counter sort of thing that Team Yankee is using, I thought I would make some pieces that actually model the area of the minefield. It may make it easier for my opponent to avoid blundering into the field, but I think it will look nicer.

   Anyway, I started with CDs as they are pretty much exactly the right diameter (4"/10cm across).


   First step: prime them. I used a rattle can of ultra flat dark forest green I had handy. Same thing I use for my Soviet vehicle base, actually. That bit of sheen is because I didn't spray it very heavily and there's a bit of plastic showing.


   Next, I put little dots of PVA glue all over, and some of my preferred dirt, which is brown fine ballast. Each dirt mound will indicate a hastily emplaced mine. I added some bits of grass tuft (Army Painter Wilderness) and flowers (also Army Painter).

   Aaaand... that's all so far. I am leaving town for a few days this afternoon so the rest will have to wait until I return. Actually, as this posts, I am in Las Vegas, waiting for my plane to go home. But I scheduled it to post while I was away, being a clever boy that wants to entertain his friends whilst away.

No comments: